When you employed a hardworking, skilled and inspired software developers, you have to know that there are many ways to turn them into demoralised, disempowered coding zombies that want just to leave your company. It is pretty easy to achieve that goal, if you only keep the one thing in your mind - you need to decrease the quality of their life inside work. Now I will show the way how to go about it.
1. Make decisions without involving them Have you ever heard sentence like "Nothing about us without us"? Do not even try to follow this rule. Informing people about changes that affects them is just a waste of time, so engaging them into decision making process has no sense. They will try to change your mind or even force their own ideas and solutions. Make this case unreachable by excluding developers from the process.
2. Repeat them that you want to ship a shit Some developers like coding that much that it turns into something similar to religion. They want to be more productive, write better code, etc... But who cares? You need to sell your product to the customers, not to have a well designed and written software. Tell them to shut up and work faster.
3. Remove valuable people from teams All resources are replaceable. Remember about that when you find a guy with mouth. Fire people at the higher positions. They are generating high costs and all spreadsheet-driven management specialists should know about it. You can replace them with multiple inexperienced people that will be cheaper.
4. Treat teams like groups of resources "Resources" - pretty important word. Use it as much as possible when talking to the developers. Forget about the fact that they are human beings. Teams are not any kind of social creations, they are just a divisions that allows you to identify groups of resources.
5. Don not explain or ask, just tell Tell the developers how to do their jobs, don not give them any choice in how to complete their tasks. Make sure they don't do anything without your permission. Remember about time frames for their jobs.
6. Money is not everything Fat salaries can improve life outside work, but in most cases they do not change the life inside work. People will be lazy, greedy but not committed or enthusiastic.
That all you need to do, to keep your employees demotivated enough to leave your company.